Join our Accounting (B. Sc) program to gain in-demand skills in financial reporting and analysis, taxation, forensics, e-financial management and reporting, auditing, and open doors to exciting career opportunities in a variety of industries in both internal and external environments.
Bachelor degree in accounting prepares you for a professional and academic challenges often faced in our internal and external financial and accounting environments needed to provide target users with necessary information to make informed planning and decision making arising from businesses, governments, and individuals. It is an eight-semester degree that leads to a variety of career opportunities.
In this program, students are exposed to the rigors of the requirements of accountancy professional bodies such as Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) and Chartered Institute of Forensics and Certified Fraud Investigators of Nigeria (CIFOFIN) in preparation for sitting of the professional examination in any of the chosen body.
With a bachelor degree in Accounting, you will be able to:
- Choose any of the professional accountancy bodies to register with for professional career development.
- Serve as a company accountant or company secretary (as provided for by the provisions by CAMA, 2000 as amended).
- Serve as a public sector account and finance professional complying with all the laid down rules, regulations and extent laws.
- Utilize modern public accounting tools in account preparations and decision making.
- Act as a financial and management consultant to companies and governments.
- Express an independent but professional opinion on the financial statement of an enterprise both as an internal or external auditor.
- Formulate appropriate tax profiling policy as a tax consultant.
- Conduct forensic examination and fraud investigation on the financial statements of companies and governments.
- Prepare financial statements online using appropriate and approved software.
- Participate in the conduct of accounting research thereby advancing knowledge.
Program Learning Outcomes
|Year 1 – Freshmen
Elements of Book-Keeping
|Year 2 – Sophomore
Principles of Accounting II
|Year 3 – Junior
Corporate Accounting II
|Year 4 – Senior
How to Apply?
Choose MAAUN as your First Choice on JAMB Portal.
Register on MAAUN Portal using your JAMB number.
Pay your admission fee.
Once verified, complete your application online.
Upload all the required documents and your passport size picture on the MAAUN Portal before submitting your application.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
You’ll also be able to tract the progress of the application on the MAAUN portal
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.