With a strong emphasis on problem-solving and critical thinking, this program equips graduates with the skills needed to thrive in a highly competitive job market.
Our Computer Science program is designed to prepare students for the ever-expanding tech industry, with a curriculum that covers topics such as artificial intelligence, cyber security, and software engineering.
This course will equip students –
- with strong core skills in programming, software development, artificial intelligence, big data, and data analyses.
- with a choice to specialize in mobile computing or cyber security.
- ability to launch a portfolio of software and design systems.
- ability to complete assiduity instruments and placements designed to get them job-ready.
Graduates of our Computer Science program are well-prepared for a variety of career opportunities. Some potential roles for graduates include:
- Software Engineer: Develop and maintain software applications, design software systems, and troubleshoot software issues.
- Web Developer: Create and maintain websites, design user interfaces, and ensure websites are secure and user-friendly.
- Cyber Security Analyst: Protect computer systems and networks from cyber threats, monitor security breaches, and develop security protocols and procedures.
- Data Scientist: Analyze and interpret complex data sets, create predictive models, and communicate findings to stakeholders.
In addition to these specific roles, graduates can also pursue careers in various industries, such as:
- Healthcare: Design and implement software systems for electronic health records, medical imaging, and patient monitoring.
- Finance: Develop financial software applications, manage data security for financial institutions, and analyze financial data to identify trends and insights.
- Education: Develop educational software applications and platforms, design and maintain school websites, and create online learning modules.
- Government: Develop and maintain software systems for government agencies, ensure data security for sensitive information, and analyze data to inform policy decisions.
Furthermore, this program also prepares graduates for entrepreneurship and innovation, enabling them to start their own tech companies or work in the startup industry.
Program Learning Outcomes
|Year 1 – Freshmen|
Introduction to Computer and Applications
Introduction to Statistics
|Year 2 – Sophomore|
Data Structures and Algorithms
Computer Architecture and Organization
|Year 3 – Junior|
|Year 4 – Senior|
Do you have more questions?
5 Adamu Abubakar Gwarzo Road
How to Apply?
Choose MAAUN as your First Choice on JAMB Portal.
Register on MAAUN Portal using your JAMB number.
Pay your admission fee.
Once verified, complete your application online.
Upload all the required documents and your passport size picture on the MAAUN Portal before submitting your application.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
You’ll also be able to tract the progress of the application on the MAAUN portal
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.