Banking & Finance
Enroll in our program to acquire a deep understanding of financial systems, develop analytical skills, and explore the complexities of the banking industry.
The goal of the Bachelor of Banking and Finance program is to prepare students to think critically and creatively about how to improve the financial system through the banking sector and the capital market. Students learn to interact effectively at all levels and develop leadership skills in the banking industry in order to become change agents by making complex and difficult decisions using modern finance, marketing, and management analysis methods.
In this program, students are exposed to the rigors of the requirements of Banking and Finance professional bodies such as Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN), Chartered Institute of Finance and Control of Nigeria (CIFCON) and Chartered Institute of Loans and Risk Managements of Nigeria (CILRMN) in preparation for sitting of the professional examination in any of the chosen body.
With a bachelor degree in Banking and Finance, you will be able to:
- Choose any of the professional banking and finance bodies to register with for professional career development.
- Work in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and be a team player in the formulation of banking policy and supervision of financial institutions, insurance and investment firms.
- Serve in Deposit Money Banks, Fintechs and other banking institutions
- Have career opportunity in the Capital Market activities
- Analyze, interpret and make recommendations on financial matters.
- Work in government sector on public sector financial reform.
- Participate in the conduct of banking and finance research thereby advancing knowledge.
Program Learning Outcomes
|Year 1 – Freshmen|
Element of Book-Keeping
|Year 2 – Sophomore|
Introduction to Financial System
|Year 3 – Junior|
|Year 4 – Senior|
Do you have more questions?
5 Adamu Abubakar Gwarzo Road
How to Apply?
Choose MAAUN as your First Choice on JAMB Portal.
Register on MAAUN Portal using your JAMB number.
Pay your admission fee.
Once verified, complete your application online.
Upload all the required documents and your passport size picture on the MAAUN Portal before submitting your application.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
You’ll also be able to tract the progress of the application on the MAAUN portal
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.