Develop your creative voice, hone your writing and reporting skills, and gain a deep understanding of the impact of media on society.
Mass Communication is taught in both Universities and Polytechnics.
The Mass Communication Course is an Innovative media- based degree that allows you to develop
specialist knowledge of the concepts, theories and practices and methods that characterize,
contemporary media, communication and cultural studies.
The objectives of the Bsc. Mass communication Programmes are to equip students with the appropriate
knowledge and skills in Mass Communication in order for them to:
- Make use of good writing and other Communication skills.
- Practice Modern Professional in journalism, media and Communication using all the available opportunities and Technologies.
- To become freelance journalists in their various areas of specializations in modern journalism practice.
The practical application of Mass Communication can be seen in
- JOURNALISM: This Field comprises working as a journalist at some print, broadcast and online media organization. A journalist can also be a freelance journalist, including investigative journalist.
- MARKETING AND ADVERTISING: A graduate of mass communication, can work with advertising agency.
- PHOTOGRAPHY : Mass communication students are taught photojournalism, and can work as a photojournalist.
- CONTENT WRITING : A mass communication graduate can work as editor and writers. They can write blogs articles, content for websites, and other areas.
- ON AIR PERSONALITY: A mass communication graduate can work as radio and television presenters.
A mass communication graduate can work as public relations officers who can work in any
organization, such as hospital, bank, non-governmental organization, schools etc.
Communication graduates can be a graphic designer who makes advertisements designs for
magazines, books, business billboard.
Program Learning Outcomes
|Year 1 – Freshmen|
African Communication Systems
|Year 2 – Sophomore|
Theories of Mass Communication
|Year 3 – Junior|
|Year 4 – Senior|
Practice Of Public Relations
Do you have more questions?
5 Adamu Abubakar Gwarzo Road
How to Apply?
Choose MAAUN as your First Choice on JAMB Portal.
Register on MAAUN Portal using your JAMB number.
Pay your admission fee.
Once verified, complete your application online.
Upload all the required documents and your passport size picture on the MAAUN Portal before submitting your application.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
You’ll also be able to tract the progress of the application on the MAAUN portal
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.