A program that prepares graduates for entrepreneurship and innovation, enabling them to start their own tech companies or work in the startup industry.
Our Software Engineering program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the software development processes, from requirements gathering and design to implementation, testing, and maintenance. Throughout the program, students gain hands-on experience with a range of programming languages, tools, and technologies, as well as the latest software development methodologies and best practices.
The program covers a variety of topics, including:
- Object-oriented programming
- Web development
- Mobile app development
- Database design and management
- Software testing and quality assurance
- DevOps and software project management
Graduates of our Software Engineering program are well-equipped for a range of exciting and in-demand career opportunities. Here are some potential roles for graduates:
- Full-stack Developer: Build and maintain both front-end and back-end components of software applications, and work with databases, servers, and APIs.
- Mobile App Developer: Design and develop software applications for mobile devices, and optimize applications for different operating systems and devices.
- DevOps Engineer: Automate and streamline software development processes, and manage software infrastructure and deployments.
- Quality Assurance Engineer: Develop and implement testing protocols to ensure software applications meet high standards of quality and functionality.
In addition to these specific roles, graduates can also pursue careers in various industries, such as:
- Healthcare: Design and develop software systems for electronic health records, medical imaging, and patient monitoring.
- Finance: Develop financial software applications, manage data security for financial institutions, and analyze financial data to identify trends and insights.
- Education: Develop educational software applications and platforms, design and maintain school websites, and create online learning modules.
- Government: Develop and maintain software systems for government agencies, ensure data security for sensitive information, and analyze data to inform policy decisions.
Furthermore, our program also prepares graduates for entrepreneurship and innovation, enabling them to start their own tech companies or work in the startup industry.
Program Learning Outcomes
|Year 1 – Freshmen
Introduction to Computer and Applications
Introduction to Statistics
|Year 2 – Sophomore
Software Engineering Process
|Year 3 – Junior
Software Testing and Quality Assurance
|Year 4 – Senior
Software Configuration Management and Maintenance
How to Apply?
Choose MAAUN as your First Choice on JAMB Portal.
Register on MAAUN Portal using your JAMB number.
Pay your admission fee.
Once verified, complete your application online.
Upload all the required documents and your passport size picture on the MAAUN Portal before submitting your application.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
You’ll also be able to tract the progress of the application on the MAAUN portal
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.